Sunday 5 September 2010

new status

Had a fun afternoon with Mr Street. We had lunch at Bourke St Bakery, wandered around and bought bits and pieces that he needed, and some cheap interfacing I needed to make some new bags with.

[caption id="attachment_165" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="A couple of muppets at Bourke St Bakery"]A couple of muppets at Bourke St Bakery[/caption]

Then we came back to my house and...I gave him a haircut. First time I've ever cut anyone's hair! (except my own fringe, which doesn't count) I think my grimaces and strange faces were probably not very confidence-inspiring, and he said he'd tell me he liked it regardless.

[caption id="attachment_166" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Before...looking a little nervous perhaps?"]Before...looking a little nervous perhaps?[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_164" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="Before - back - didn't realise just how long it was!"]Before - back[/caption]

I think it ended up not too bad really, except for some of the side bits around the ears, which we won't talk about (I think the combination of ears and sharp implements made me nervous).  It did take me a really long time though...but I guess it's one of those things that gets quicker over time, once you've figured out what you're doing.

[caption id="attachment_167" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="After...too cool"]After...too cool[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_168" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="The cat inspects the curl carnage"]The cat inspects the curl carnage[/caption]

I think this means I have attained real proper girlfriend status. You know it's serious when your boyfriend lets you near his head with a pair of scissors. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment