Wednesday 15 December 2010

a NO-vember postscript

It's midway through December already and I never finished my NO-vember thing.  Well that's my prerogative I guess.  The only other principle I'd add at this point is one I learned from Kate N at church the other day, who said when she was doing MTS she instituted a rule of never agreeing to anything immediately.  She always said she had to go home and check her diary, allowing her the time and space to weigh up whether or not she was able or wanted to do what she'd been asked to do.  She said if someone was pressuring her for an immediate response because they themselves were disorganised, then it wasn't her problem.  And making it a blanket rule meant she avoided any guilt at saying yes or no to things on the spot.  Everything was pending.  I think this is a good rule and might try and institute it myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment