Friday 19 April 2013

input

It's been a very long week. It seems like aeons since I wrote that last post.

I've been trying to drink in as much true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, excellent and praise-worthy stuff as I can this week. I've found that it's the only thing keeping anxiety, worry and unhelpful thoughts at bay. As such, trying to go to sleep or waking up in the middle of the night or in a quiet moment, it can be challenging because that's when it's just me and my thoughts. And I'm really, really tired and would really rather be sleeping, thank you very much.

So I'm reading psalms. Listening to more sermons by Keller. Lots and lots of Christian music. The audiobook of Kay Warren's Choose Joy, which I had downloaded a while ago when it was free on Christian Audio but hadn't actually listened to. It took me a while to get used to Warren's delivery style (fast, upbeat, earnest American), but it's been very helpful and I'm grateful to Jess K for having recommended it. Though listening to it in the light of her son's recent suicide is particularly heartbreaking and poignant and prompts me to pray that she is able to cling to those truths she has written about.

Brokenness Aside by All Sons and Daughters has long been a favourite when feeling down, but has definitely been a help lately.


Also West Coast Revival's version of All creatures of our God and King (well basically the whole EP) has been on high rotation. I recommend it; you can listen to it below. It's got a triumph to it that I love and reminds me that my chief purpose is to glorify God and enjoy him forever (as the girls and I discussed at growth group the other night).



No comments :

Post a Comment