Thursday 12 December 2013

Waiting for the Lord

Struggling at the moment. Still not that well with the virus, though I did make it to the office today for the first time this week. Have been feeling really melancholy this week; probably post-big-event comedown as much as anything, which enhances sad feelings and general feeling-sorry-for-myselfness.

When like this, I tend to feel just so tired. Not a lack of sleep tired, but a bone weariness, finding it hard to continue on the path I've chosen, just wanting to give up and lie down in the dirt and not to care what happens next. 


My dear, dear friend (and partner in marketing) Sammi came over and brought me flowers, had a cuppa and prayed with me yesterday.

(Side note: I really can't explain how wonderful a gift unexpected flowers are. Don't ever think the recipient won't appreciate them. Unless they're allergic, in which case...I can't help you there.)

She wrote Isaiah 40:11 on the card with the flowers, which prompted me to go and read the whole chapter. It was nourishing for mind and soul. I was especially comforted by God's bigness and his patient, tender love for me, who is such a small and rebellious thing. 

At this end of a difficult year, I rejoice that God is the one who gives me the strength to continue walking forward on his path...because I know I just couldn't do it on my own. And I give thanks for the people he puts around me to spur me on. 

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. 
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. 
Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; 
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. 
Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments :

Post a Comment