Monday 21 April 2014

If I were a butterfly...

A butterfly I met at Singapore Zoo last year
I woke up this morning and lay in bed for a while, thinking about who I am and praying. A song that we use to love as kids at Mascot Christian Fellowship popped into my head - do any of you remember the Butterfly Song? (I googled it and would you believe it has its own website? Of course it does.)

It's a typically cheesy 70s kids song (I know the face Mark B would make if I sang it to him), but singing the chorus to myself I couldn't think of a better thing to pray on my birthday:
For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
And I just thank you Father for making me me
Also born today: Queen Elizabeth and Charlotte Brontë. But I'm glad God made me me, and not either of them.

2 comments :

  1. I am glad you are not them too, otherwise I wouldn't have met you today - 21plus some years ago. Lots of love, Mum

    ReplyDelete