Sunday 17 August 2014

faking it

Thing is, most of the time I put on quite a good public face. I guess that's why people who don't me so well are surprised to learn I struggle with depression.

This weekend I helped out at Astrid's 4th birthday...

Love this pic of me and Elsie
...danced at a bellydancing expo and sang at church (for a most excellent confirmation/baptism service). In between I lay on the floor or my bed or the couch. I can smile and laugh and contribute for only a couple of hours at a time before the batteries run flat.

I face the coming week with a bit of trepidation. It's staff retreat at MacMasters Beach. Sharing a house with 9+ lovely people...but a lot of conversation and face time and work and...I hope there'll be enough time to lie down somewhere.

No comments :

Post a Comment