Friday 26 December 2014

The blog is dead! Long live the blog!

A Christmas present to my blog (cos that's totally normal, right?) - a spruced up look, a new address and a new name!

The Procrastinatrix was a name I started using when I was at uni, and the act of blogging, while good in that I was writing, was actually expert procrastination (I should have been writing my thesis).

But lately I've been thinking about it, and feeling that the name doesn't suit anymore. It makes me feel a little bit guilty, and as though it's implying that the things I'm writing about are the periphery of my life, the stuff I'm messing about with when I'm supposed to be doing something else.

But actually, the things I write about are the things I want to be doing, and the things I enjoy doing (for the most part). These days the blog is less an avenue for procrastination and more a way of chronicling and celebrating the things that I'm doing. With the occasional rant thrown in for good measure.

So a new name. I tried to come up with something interesting, something quirky, something that would encapsulate everything I might ever potentially write about...a fool's errand. I've never been good at naming things (naming my short stories was always impossible). Then I thought, hey, my supporters' newsletter at SU has been called The Bexfiles for the last few years, so why mess with a good thing? (and I didn't even come up with that name, but oh well)

All my new posts now are going to be over at www.thebexfiles.net - though as most of you seem to read this from Facebook or Twitter links, it's probably not going to actually affect things that much. If you're an old-school bookmarker or RSS reader though, you'll want to update to the new URL.

See you over there!

No comments :

Post a Comment