Wednesday 28 July 2010

whirlwind update

I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet lately! Things have been a bit crazy. Also didn’t mean to leave the blog on such a downer. So a brief update:

  • College has gone back and I’m excited to be there! Doing two youth ministry subjects and old testament B this semester, and even though it’s only week two I already love the youth min subjects. I’m with a group of three other women (Annie, Marette and Amanda), so we’re kind of the youth ministry gang. I made a crack at lunch one day that we were like the Charlie’s Angels of youth ministry, which Jane, the convenor, found hilarious. I’m still not entirely sure what I meant by it, but it makes me smile. Expect a bunch of posts on the importance of youth ministry as I develop my thinking on this!

  • Salt Magazine is almost in the can! It’s always a struggle to boot my creative brain up, and this time was no exception. But I think we’re going to have it in on time, which is fantastic. The issue is called ‘Revolutionary News’ and the design aesthetic has been inspired by street art and propaganda kind of stuff. This was especially influenced by going to see the excellent Banksy ‘doco’ Exit Through the Gift Shop, which I highly recommend. Here’s the cover, and it’ll be out at a campus near you soon...(let me know if you’d like a copy):saltcover

  • Have almost finished my artistic contributions to the Plan to Take Over the World, which is our name for the comics anthology that the amazing Karen has spearheaded. It’s called ‘Kinds of Blue’ and is a collection of comics on the theme of depression. Karen has written most of them and gotten a number of very talented artists to contribute the images to her words. I have been collaborating on one comic with Guan, and one that I have written and drawn myself. It’s been quite hard to get them finished - the irony of working on comics about depression while struggling with depression is not lost on me. But it’s almost at the layout stage (which I am also doing), and it’s going to be so cool to have the final product. I will keep you updated on its progress and, you know, invite you to the launch party. smile

  • I didn’t know if I was going to say anything about it here, but lots of you know about it already anyway and it’s the thing in my life at the moment that’s constantly making me go squeee, so here it is: I’m in a relationship and will have been for about 2 months as of tomorrow. His name is Lachlan, we go to Wild St together, and he is an avid reader of this blog so it feels a bit weird to be writing about him when I know he’s going to read it. So I’ll just say that this is what’s happening, I’m extremely happy and we’re taking it one day at a time and trying to continually commit it to God.

  • My dad and his wife are expecting a baby in early March. Um...not much to say about that really other than, yeah...well...yeah. I’ll be praying lots for this child. And praying that I can be godly in the way I treat him/her, and dad and J. Haven’t talked to my brother yet. No idea what he thinks.

  • Mum is back from Canada and looking for work. So if you hear of anyone who needs an awesome Executive Assistant and pays well, let us know. smile


That’ll do for now…

No comments :

Post a Comment