Wednesday 11 August 2010

winds of change

I've decided I need a bit of a change. I also need to simplify my life a bit...I was using Expression Engine to power the blog, and it has been a good platform to use.  But I feel that I am hampered by my lack of HTML and CSS ability, couldn't get the blog to look the way I wanted or do what I wanted, and got to the point where I realised I didn't actually care that I couldn't do it and that there are many other people in the world much more talented in this arena and I should avail myself of their skills.  This is quite liberating!  Normally (as I discussed with Karen recently) I feel this weird need to master everything, be it coding, craft or...something else beginning with C.  And that's just not possible!

So I've moved on over to Wordpress for some hassle free blogging, and am playing with some beautiful themes courtesy of the excellent Elegant Themes. I'm also moving everything over to my own domain so even though I don't feel like I know what I'm doing, I can blunder around forever in my own space.

Hopefully I will blog more as a result too... :)

No comments :

Post a Comment