Thursday 17 February 2011

Flags

I've hit the Greek weeks wall. I still am excited to be at college this year, and even fascinated by the Greek we're learning. I am just so overwhelmed with all the new information plus all the new people I'm meeting, while the rest of life continues to barrel on.

The depression flags are starting to pop up. Extreme exhaustion. Inability to think beyond a few hours ahead. Forgetfulness. And this morning I started crying on my drive in to college, not because I was sad, or for any particular reason other than just being overwhelmed.

I need to pay better attention to the flags. So I went home at morning tea and slept til mid afternoon. I had to cancel something else later in the week just to get some space. I have to remind myself these things are okay; it's about being able to stick at this for the long term, so looking after myself in the short term is required.

No comments :

Post a Comment