Friday 7 March 2014

insomniac thoughts

At the moment I feel like the ball in a pinball machine. I don't like it.

Dissatisfaction is a blessing and a curse I guess. It's the feeling that drives me to get up and do something, like irritation causing an oyster to make a pearl, or pressure making diamonds.

Part of the problem though, is I am caught in the stage between idea and fruition, where I'm still planning and learning and having to get on with everyday life. I fear that all this irritation and pressure won't produce pearls or diamonds; it will all just be glass and plastic.

I started this post in the hope that writing would help me clarify the muddle in my head, but when I try to latch on to an idea it just lurches away. I should probably just try to sleep again.

2 comments :

  1. Lovely Bec, I too am sleepless, restless, and full of half articulated dreamy plans. Blame the storm! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start getting those thoughts down on paper and working around those thoughts. Positive, negative, what you need to bring that seed to life.

    I have spent many a sleepless night with schematics, construction sequences, deconstruction and pattern drafting running loops in my head until 3 am.

    Hang in there, it will pull together. Yes, there may be a couple of glass and plastic pieces, but you will soon see those turn to rubies, sapphires and diamonds!

    ReplyDelete