Thursday 23 October 2014

slight momentum

It's been one of those weeks where it feels like I'm wading through wet cement just to get through. But I figure any forward movement is good, right? Also thinking about the things that make me smile. These include:

  • Seeing apple blossoms come out on the skinny apple tree trunks that didn't really do anything last year - they're alive!
  • Listening to Cary Elwes's book, As you wish: inconceivable tales from the making of The Princess Bride. I find myself grinning at some of the stories and the fondness the cast all had/have for one another. It's a lovely tribute and makes me want to watch the movie again. For the zillionth time.
  • Remembering that I'll be going to Bali for the creative retreat in a week! And we'll all be making music (I'm going to buy a ukelele in Ubud!) and doing yoga and generally being creative and silly and fun. There is a little flutter of nervousness at the idea of going on a retreat with 25 or so people who I don't know, but some of us have been chatting on the group's FB page and I think we'll all get along fine.
  • Walking into my studio, even though it's still not all set up, and feeling that this is my lovely space and how lucky I am to have it. (LB commented on FB: "Exciting. Although "cabin" sounds like inevitable murder. Perhaps "studio" is safer." She's right.)

No comments :

Post a Comment