Monday 16 January 2012

bag lady

I love bags. I can never seem to have enough of them, though I don't tend to mix and match them very often. I'll have a carry-all type bag that I use to death, or until I get sick of it and make another one. It's great being able to make bags for this reason. But it also means I can never justify buying bags, even more high-end, complicated ones. I merely covet their leathery goodness and nifty pocket arrangements.

Here are some of the ones I've made in the last couple of years. Actually I'd forgotten all about that Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric...

[gallery]

The little purses and the pinky purple bag are patterns from Keyka Lou Patterns. I adore every single one of her designs, and have quite a few. They're easy to read, easy to sew, and always produce beautiful results. The extra sweetener is that she allows you to sell the bags you've made from her patterns, which isn't always the case with patternmakers. It's very generous! (I haven't actually sold any, but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to)

The other, long-handled bags were inspired by the Monk's Bag pattern on the Purl Bee. I started off making them exactly the same as the pattern, and then started adding pockets and modifications as I went on.

This is what I love about learning crafts on the internet - there is so much excellent information out there, if you can weed out the wheat from the chaff, and it gives you the tools and confidence to start improvising.

No comments :

Post a Comment