Thursday 26 June 2014

26. Share a favourite recipe

A chocolate cake by my Mama Grace (my mum's mum - yes, both my grandmothers were called mama...a little confusing). This is my go-to chocolate cake. It's not fancy. Often I don't even bother to ice it, mainly because it is so good warm, straight out of the oven.


Also it's in her handwriting. Something wonderful about that.

I probably did eat cake that she made for me, but Mama Grace died when I wasn't yet three. She was a talented seamstress and a soft-hearted person by all accounts. I think we would have had a grand time together. Though apparently we did; mum tells of coming to pick me up from her house and finding us lying on the kitchen floor with pillows, singing together. I really wish I had known her as an adult. 

No comments :

Post a Comment