Tuesday 1 July 2014

1. Half year review

The year is half over! Here are some things that happened for me:


January
  • Started off with camping and fireworks on Cockatoo Island (man that feels so long ago now!)
  • Getting stuck into improving my sewing skills and thinking about how I could make TalulaMei a going concern

February
  • Seeing Miranda Hart live
  • Tried out selling at Glebe Markets and realised that not all markets are equal
  • Did the introductory massage course at ACM and decided I liked it

March
  • Went to the Goodness Gracious Me workshop and thought a lot about the importance of gratitude in a healthy life
  • LIFE series run by our church, and getting to talk with A about life and faith a bit more
  • Autumn Spire Market

April
  • Started singing at church again after a few months off
  • John Mayer's excellent concert with Anna and Elsie and others
  • Farewelled my old boss, Mark
  • Staff retreat at Faulconbridge and meeting my new boss, Jeff

May 
  • A weekend in Melbourne for the Big Hearted Business unconference - confirmation that I want to pursue a creative life and affirmation that it is possible
  • Wonderfully relaxing holiday in Singapore with mum
  • Less relaxing trip back to Malaysia for my grandmother's funeral

June
  • Supanova - selling Kinds of Blue and Eternal Life and getting to hear the wonderful Robin Hobb read an excerpt from her upcoming novel
  • Winter Spire Market
What big things happened in the first half of this year for you? 

1 comment :