Friday 18 July 2014

18. What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid of dropping the ball. There are so many up in the air at any one time. I worry if I miss something I'll disappoint someone, or people will think less of me, or I'll let an opportunity go to waste that may never come again.

Then I remember that my worth doesn't reside in how good a juggler I am, or whether I impress people, or whether I get x, y and z done on time, and that there will always be opportunities in various guises. I still want to try to juggle well, but if occasionally one or two balls fall out of the mix and roll away, the world really won't end. And if people are disappointed, well, that's their problem, really.

It comes down to this image I found on Pinterest, which I absolutely love (and since I'm on a juggling theme I thought of circuses):


No comments :

Post a Comment