Saturday 19 July 2014

19. What's your morning routine?



I am not a morning person. My normal cycle is to be up late and wake up late. I do appreciate the joys of being up first thing in the morning every so often, but not every day.

On a work day I get woken up by sleep cycle on my phone (it's great - it roughly works out when you're in the lightest phase of sleep within about half an hour of your set alarm time and wakes you then, rather than on the dot of your alarm time, when you might be in a deeper phase of sleep and feel worse being woken up. I recently was using the regular alarm clock again and noticed a big difference in how I felt when I woke).

I stumble into the kitchen for coffee from my Aeropress and cereal, or if I've been organised and made it in advance, some delicious Bircher muesli (Jamie Oliver's pukolla is a good base to work off - I just add whatever I feel like, cranberries and chia seeds usually). I've been eating Crunchy Nut Cornflakes lately just cos they were in the cupboard (and tasty) but they're not filling enough to get me through the morning at work.

I catch up on the world while I eat, Facebook, Twitter, SMH. This is the bit of my morning routine that should probably be curtailed, as I usually just end up faffing around and running late.

Into the shower, get dressed, grab my stuff, out the door. I hate spending ages getting ready in the morning so often will leave for work with wet hair and figure it'll dry on the commute (and then partway through the day when I go to the bathroom and see myself in the mirror I wonder why I look so messy...but I still haven't learned to put a hairbrush in my bag for such occasions).

On Saturdays and Sundays, I don't wake to an alarm (bliss) and I sit around in my pyjamas for as long as possible!

No comments :

Post a Comment